Looking for an easy turkey recipe for your pressure cooker? This Instant Pot Turkey Breast Tenderloin is just that! With Thanksgiving right around the corner making this turkey breast in your pressure cooker is a must try!
Turkey is one of my all time favorite quick meals. It is extremely versatile and fantastic for leftovers! You can even make an Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce to go with it!
Over the next couple of weeks we will be sharing a ton of different ideas on what to make with any leftover turkey you may have from Thanksgiving, so make sure to subscribe to the notifications so you see the recipes as they come out 😉
Instant Pot Turkey Breast
This Instant Pot Turkey Breast Recipe is pretty much fail proof. It is the perfect Instant Pot Recipe for Beginners.
That said, there is one trick to know before you give this recipe a shot.
Whenever you brown a meat in the Instant Pot using sauté you need to deglaze the inner pot before switching over to pressure cooking. What this means is you need to take a wooden spatula (yes wooden is important) and scrape all the little browned bits up while adding in a liquid. For this recipe we used chicken broth, but you could even just use water if desired.
It is important to get all those little browned bits up. Now that doesn’t mean sit there and scrub for an hour until it’s perfect…just get the bottom of the pot cleared. What this does is it releases all those flavors into the liquid making a nice flavorful broth.
And for pressure cookers, it helps prevent that dreaded burn notice.
If you are new to using the sauté function on your Instant Pot make sure to swing over and read our tips, tricks, and troubleshooting on how to sauté without burning your meat.
Alrighty y’all, let’s get cooking!
Instant Pot Turkey Breast Tenderloin
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 40 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 Boneless Turkey Breast Tenderloin
- 4 T. Garlic Infused Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 c. Chicken Broth
- 1 t. Rosemary
- 1 t. Thyme
- 1. t. Oregano
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cajun Rub, optional
- Turn Instant Pot on to sauté. Allow the inner pot to heat up.
- Cover the turkey breast tenderloin with up to 2 T. oil and rub in the seasonings.
- Once the inner pot is hot, add the remaining oil (2-3 T.) and turkey breast to the pot. Brown on all sides.
- After browning, remove the turkey tenderloin to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 c. of chicken broth to the pot. Use a wooden spatula to deglaze the bottom of the pot. Make sure all the browned bits on the bottom of the pot are scraped up.
- Once the pot is deglazed, hit cancel.
- Insert the trivet into the pot carefully (the pot is hot) and place the tenderloin on top of the trivet. Add in the onion wedges.
- Place the lid on the pot and set the vent to sealing.
- Pressure cook on “High/Manual” for 30 minutes.
- Once the turkey is done cooking allow the pressure to release naturally.
Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 1383
- Total Fat 150g
- Saturated Fat 21g
- Cholesterol 37mg
- Sodium 298mg
- Carbohydrates 1g
- Protein 23g
Not making this turkey breast tenderloin in your pressure cooker right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it later!
You can find a copy of the PRINTABLE RECIPE on the next page.
PLEASE USE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW! ENJOY!