Get dinner on the table quickly with this delicious Instant Pot Baked Spaghetti. My kids love this no fail pressure cooker spaghetti recipe!
Instant Pot Baked Spaghetti Recipe
Since getting our Instant Pot we have tried and tested so many different spaghetti recipes. When it comes to cooking spaghetti in the pressure cooker we have either seen it be a wonderful success or a soggy mess.
If you are a beginner you can definitely cook spaghetti in your Instant Pot, however I would suggest giving a couple Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners a try before you give spaghetti a go.
One of the things that I absolutely adore about this spaghetti recipe is that it is creamy, cheesy, and full of rich flavors. This makes it incredible for cooking in a pressure cooker as it helps offset the watery blandness we have come across when testing other spaghetti recipes.
That said, this Instant Pot Baked Spaghetti can still come out watery. Pressure cookers require a good amount of liquid (especially when cooking tomatoes). So when you release the pressure and open the lid, you might see a consistency you don’t quite want.
If your baked spaghetti is thinner than you would like it to be, boil off some of that water by using the saute function on your Instant Pot. Simply remove the lid, turn on saute, and stir until it thickens. Then after your sauce has thickened to a consistency you would like, add in the cheese.
Another choice is to just let it cool down a bit. Tomato sauces thicken as they cool. I stir in cheese and then let ours sit for 5-10 minutes while I set the table.
We have personally never have had an issue with this recipe turning out thin, but I know it is a common issue when cooking spaghetti in the Instant Pot so I wanted to share with y’all some ways to troubleshoot that.
Alrighty y’all, let’s get cooking!
- 1 pound ground beef (browned & drained)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) box spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot on to saute mode and brown the ground beef. Add the onion and chopped bell pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the cheese) and close the lid on the Instant Pot. Make sure the valve is set to sealed and turn to manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Do a quick release, stir and add cheese to the spaghetti and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 433Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 96mgSodium 420mgCarbohydrates 10gSugar 3gProtein 24g
Not making this Baked Spaghetti Recipe in your Instant Pot right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it later!