This Instant Pot Turkey Mushroom soup is a classic comfort food. It is the perfect creamy soup for using up leftover turkey. It is the perfect way to use up your Thanksgiving or Christmas leftover turkey!
This hearty soup is made with a combination of white mushrooms, celery, cauliflower rice, fresh parsley, and ground turkey.
You can easily substitute out the ground turkey for leftover turkey breast. This classic soup is also delicious with roasted chicken!
Instant Pot Turkey Mushroom Soup Recipe
If you have already made turkey or chicken, this soup requires very little effort. All you need to do is chop and sauté the vegetables – you will have a soup done in under ten minutes!
This soup also freezes beautifully so feel free to batch cook this for all the cold weather days ahead!
If batch cooking this turkey mushroom soup definitely swing over and read how to make a turkey breast tenderloin in the Instant Pot or how to make Instant Pot shredded chicken.
Alrighty y’all, let’s get cooking!
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. red onion, diced small
- 1 large stalks celery, diced small
- 1. c. white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey (85% lean)
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- ½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 c. chicken broth
- ½ c. heavy cream, tempered*
- 1 12-oz. bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 c. Italian blend cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 c. water
- Add ground turkey on top of the trivet and 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Lock lid in place and seal the vent. Pressure cook on "High/Manual" for 7 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release as you prep the vegetables (about 5 minutes) and then quick release the remaining pressure. Make sure you have hit "Cancel" before proceeding.
- Transfer the ground turkey to a plate and pour the water out of the inner pot. Return the inner pot to the Instant Pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot on to sauté. Allow the inner pot to heat back up.
- Once the inner pot is hot, add in the olive oil.
- Add the onion and celery and sauté, stirring frequently, until the veggies are soft, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder to the Instant Pot. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms start to release their juices, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken stock. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Add a spoonful of the hot liquid to a bowl with the heavy cream to temper it before adding it to the Instant Pot, as well. Stir to combine and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add frozen cauliflower rice and 1½ cups of the shredded cheese to Instant Pot and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until cauliflower is heated through and cheese is completely melted.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Hit "Cancel" and transfer to individual soup bowls. To serve, top each bowl with remaining cheese and fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Substitute the ground beef with leftover Turkey Breast for a fantastic soup!
To prevent curdling the heavy cream, add a small of hot liquid from Instant Pot to heavy cream before adding it to the soup.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 434Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 108mgSodium 1592mgCarbohydrates 19gSugar 3gProtein 38g
Not making this Turkey Mushroom Soup in your Instant Pot right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it later!