Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken Tikka Masala is one of the most popular Indian dishes ordered in American restaurants. This simple Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala has a thick. Chicken Masala is fantastic with bastami rice and naan bread. Actually, most of the time when I make this at home I completely skip the rice and just eat it with naan bread…I might be slightly addicted to naan 😉 When I make this for the kids they prefer just a simple white rice. If you would like to make your rice in the Instant Pot we have two simple tutorials you can follow: This chicken masala (or butter chicken in some circles) is extremely easy to make and a family friendly meal. If your kids have not yet tried Indian food, chicken masala is a great dish to introduce to them. While chicken masala is “spicy” it is not spicy in the sense of hot. Instead it is filled with savory rich creamy flavors that most kids will love. When we first introduced butter chicken to my kids they were a bit hesitant. Now chicken tikka masla is frequently requested here. And cooking chicken masala in the pressure cooker couldn’t be easier!
Alrighty y’all, let’s get cooking!
Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
Chicken Tikka Masala is one of the most popular Indian dishes ordered in American restaurants.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts cut in bite-sized chunks
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup curry powder
- 1 tsp ground or whole cumin
- 1 tbsp ground or finely chopped fresh gingerp. salt
- 1 can coconut cream (preferred, or coconut milk)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small can of tomato sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp salt
- Turn pot to sauté mode. Place cumin and ginger in dry pot. Stir fry for about 1 minute. Do not let ingredients brown.
- Add oil and onion, sauté until translucent.
- Add chicken, salt and curry powder stir to mix all ingredients well, half cooking chicken.
- Pour coconut milk and stir. Add tomato sauce to reduce spice if you wish.Cover, lock pressure cooker and set to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
Calories: 1.176kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 208g | Fat: 28g
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON OR OPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR THE NEXT RECIPE »