Inside: Take a tropical break from winter with this Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken. This simple Instant Pot recipe for chicken with pineapple is kid friendly and taste bud approved!
I want to go on a vacation.
I NEED to go on a vacation.
Since kids, I cannot remember the last vacation, I have taken that was just 100% for the hell of it. As I sit here staring at the piles of laundry and paperwork…*sigh*
While I might not be able to slip away right this minute to some isolated island with bottomless margaritas, I can turn up the music, pop an easy dinner into the Instant Pot, and kick back for a day of relaxation.
This my friends is exactly how this Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken came to be.
Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
Winter this year has been…menopausal.
One day the snow is melting and it’s warm enough to open all the windows to let in some fresh air. The next day? Full on angry blizzard.
Ya’ll, I’m a southern girl.
I do not do snow.
Even the teeniest amount of ice on the road and I’m out, snuggled under piles of blankets acting like the world is ending.
Leave the house?
That’s a big NOPE.
So today we got hit with yet another lovely snow storm and this one was nasty. Glancing outside the window the snow looked so pure and fluffy. That was until I stepped outside and slid all the way down my driveway butt first.
Driving to the store? That was out of the question.
So I was in a conundrum.
What do I make that my kids would actually eat with minimal effort so I could have my staycation?
Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken and Rice
I glanced through my cupboards.
Rice? of course that is a check – I basically live on rice since learning how to make perfect rice in my Instant Pot.
Alrighty, this Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Recipe was happening.
Easy peasy goodness with minimal effort? Yep, that’s checked too.
Ok my potheads, you ready to get cooking? You can find the Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Recipe directly below.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast; 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger; grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic; minced
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- spring onions for garnish
- pineapple for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in pressure cooker with vegetable or chicken broth. Set to high pressure for 15 minutes (times vary per instant pot/pressure cooker). Release pressure when time is complete.
- In a bowl, mix in pineapple juice, soy sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. Whisk well.
- Set instant pot/pressure cooker to saute mode. Pour in mixture and stir well over chicken. The sauce will thicken over chicken. Top with pepper.
- Use pineapple and pineapple juice from the can for your pineapple. Pineapple for garnish and juice for the recipe.
- Once sauce is thickened around the chicken shred chicken and place in bowl over rice. Garnish with spring onions.
If you try this Instant Pot recipe we would love the feedback to let us know more of what type of recipes you want to see. And if you’re not cooking right.this.moment. pin this post so you (and your friends) can easily find it later!