Inside: Make a delicious homemade mac and cheese in your Instant Pot with minimal effort. Say goodbye to your days of boxed Mac-N-Cheese because this Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe is one that both you and your kids will love!
My kids are mac-n-cheese addicts. Ask them what they want to eat and I would almost bet money on them asking for it. But, I’m not a fan of those boxed mac-n-cheeses.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the convenience of them…but for the life of me I cannot get over the powdered cheese.
Cheese should never come in a powder.
So when I learned how to make this Instant Pot Mac n Cheese, I was in heaven. The convenience of the box with the deliciousness of real food.
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
When I make our Instant Pot Mac and Cheese, I like to make it uber cheesy and creamy.
You just can’t have a good mac-n-cheese without those two things.
Usually when I create a recipe for this site I share the weight watchers freestyle points…but y’all one serving of this cheesy goodness would eat up half your daily points.
And then triple checked.
So if you are needing a safer weight watchers option head over to my favorite site for weight watchers recipes – Slap Dash Mom. Sadie has an awesome Veggie Loaded Mac and Cheese.
But, if you aren’t counting your points then dish up and enjoy! This mac-n-cheese is pure heaven. Top it with some crumbled bacon and… oooh so good.
- 1 (16 oz.) box dry elbow noodles
- 4 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Put the noodles, water and salt in the Instant Pot.
- Seal the lid and Pressure Cook on High for 3 minutes.
- Once done cooking Quick Release the pressure and hit "Cancel".
- Carefully open the lid and switch your Instant Pot over to Saute Mode. Add in butter, milk, and cream cheese. Stir until everything is melted.
- Turn off your Instant Pot and add in cheeses. Stir until everything is melted and creamy.
- Serve and Enjoy!
And don’t forget! If you aren’t making this family classic right now pin it to your favorite recipe board so you can easily find it again!