(Inside: This easy Instant Pot shredded chicken recipe is perfect for busy moms! Make a batch of instant pot shredded chicken on Sunday to use all week long!)
I’m just going to be honest… I’m kind of a hot mess mom.
In fact, one of my favorite things about the Instant Pot is that I can get a yummy dinner on the table quickly when I’m super busy and forgot to plan anything.
But, like all hot mess moms, sometimes I resolve to get my stuff together and feel extra prepared.
Usually, that means I go absolutely crazy writing lists, cleaning the house, and running around like a chicken with my head cut off for a few hours until I completely burn out.
Obviously, that doesn’t work well.
But luckily I’ve found one super simple way to feel more prepared for the week ahead… And that is making Instant Pot shredded chicken at the beginning of my week.
I have so many Instant Pot chicken recipes that need shredded chicken, and having some ready ahead of time makes my life so much easier.
With this Instant Pot shredded chicken I am just minutes away from a delicious dinner every night of the week.
I actually like to make a big pot of Instant Pot shredded chicken on Sundays. Then I make sure to use shredded chicken recipes throughout the week.
Then the next week, I’ll do the same thing with beef or turkey.
It works great, saves me time, and cuts down on food waste too!
Favorite Recipes to Make with Pressure Cooker Shredded Chicken
If you’re looking for some Instant Pot shredded chicken recipes to add to your meal plan, here are a few of my favorites:
Items Recommended for Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
Alrighty y’all, let’s get cooking!
- 4 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/2 c water or chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add everything to the Instant Pot.
- Cover with lid and lock the lid in place. Make sure the vent is sealed.
- Press the "Poultry" button and cook for 20 minutes if the chicken is thawed and 25 minutes if the chicken is frozen.
- Once the pressure cooker is done cooking allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure before unlocking the lid.
- Place the chicken onto a plate or cutting board and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Use two forks to shred.
- Store the chicken in an air-tight container with some of the liquid to help keep the meat moist.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 3131Total Fat 168gSaturated Fat 48gCholesterol 1164mgSodium 3959mgCarbohydrates 1gSugar 1gProtein 379g
If you’re not making this super simple Instant Pot shredded chicken recipe right this second, make sure you pin it so you can find it again when you’re meal prepping!