Football season is upon us! This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe is one of my favorite go to’s for game days. It is the perfect appetizer for when you have a crowd to please!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
When it comes to buffalo chicken dip, the hubs and I cannot quite agree. I love my dips with ranch dressing while he loves to make this instant pot buffalo chicken dip with blue cheese.
If you are like me and one that avoids blue cheese, you can still make this pressure cooker buffalo chicken dip – just simply leave the blue cheese crumbles out when making it 🙂
When it comes to picking sides to serve this dip with, the sky’s the limit. Some of our favorites are:
- Celery Sticks
- Fritos Scoops
- Pita Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Club Crackers
- Ritz Crackers
- French Bread
- Pretzel Sticks
Really you can pair it well with just about any chip and some veggies! My kids even like this on cucumbers…I haven’t been brave enough to try that though 😐
When it comes to picking out a hot sauce for this instant pot buffalo chicken dip, just about any hot sauce will work. I stick to Frank’s Hot Sauce because it has been tried and approved by my family, but y’all can definitely play around with different brands.
Just be aware that different brands will result in different heat levels 😉
Alrighty – let’s get cooking!
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. chicken broth
- 3 stalks celery, very finely chopped
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
- ¾ c. Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely minced
- 6 oz. crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 3 green onions, tops sliced (optional)
- 1 small jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- Celery stalks
- Carrot sticks
- Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken breasts, broth, celery, cream cheese, hot sauce, jalapeno pepper, and 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese to the Instant Pot.
- Cover, vent seal, and cook on "Slow Cook" for 2 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove lid and shred chicken using two forks.
- Add shredded Mozzarella cheese and stir to combine.
- Add cover and continue cooking until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove lid and garnish dip with remaining blue cheese, sliced green onions, or jalapeno, if desired.
- Keep warm and serve with celery stalks and carrot sticks.
Not making this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it later!