These Instant Pot Garlic-Parmesan Turkey Meatballs are absolutely delicious! Turkey meatballs make an awesome appetizer when you have to feed a crowd.
Instant Pot Garlic-Parmesan Turkey Meatballs
The Superbowl and Holidays are right around the corner. As a family of seven, finding ideas that can feed a crowd that are also kid friendly recipes can sometimes be a challenge.
These turkey meatballs do both! Not only are they always a huge hit at potlucks or while tailgating, my kids LOVE these. So much that I wills sometimes double this recipe just to have serving size portions ready to go in the freezer 😉
Making meatballs in the Instant Pot can be slightly tricky because pressure cookers do need liquid in order to come to pressure. Too much liquid, and your turkey meatballs just might fall apart. Not enough liquid and you could get a burn notice.
The two big tricks for this are:
1. Brown meatballs on all sides using the saute feature before pressure cooking them. This is an optional step, but will help them hold shape while also giving them a nice texture. If you are new to using the saute feature on your Instant Pot make sure to read this tutorial to avoid headaches.
2. Pressure cook on LOW. High pressure will increase the odds of your turkey meatballs falling apart.
Another trick that is completely optional is to set the Garlic-Parmesan turkey meatballs on the steaming rack that came with the Instant Pot to keep them lifted above the tomato sauce being used.
When I am making this for the kids (who prefer finger foods) I always use the rack. This way they can choose whether they want their meatballs with or without the tomato sauce.
Items Recommended for Instant Pot Garlic-Parmesan Turkey Meatballs
Alrighty y’all, let’s get cooking!
- 2 c. sugar-free tomato sauce*
- 2 lbs. ground turkey breast
- 1 large (or 2 small) eggs
- 1½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ T. fresh oregano leaves
- 3 T. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 T. onion salt
- ½ T crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Tomato sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil or cilantro
- Add ground turkey, eggs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic, onion salt, and crushed red pepper flakes to a large glass bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Thoroughly combine mixture with your hands.
- Form into approximately 24 meatballs. Add more Parmesan cheese, if necessary, to bind the ingredients.
- Coat the bottom of the Instant Pot insert with the olive oil.
- If you wish to brown them, turn on the saute function and brown on both sides.
- Layer the browned or raw meatballs in the Instant Pot, leaving room between each meatball. Don’t press down.
- Cover with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it. Make sure the vent is sealed.
- Turn the Instant Pot on to "Manual/Low" and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking quick release the pressure before unlocking the lid.
- Remove from the meatballs from the Instant Pot and serve immediately with additional tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil, if desired.
If using stackable pans add at least 1/4 cup of water to the Instant Pot before sealing and cooking. Tomato sauce would be placed inside the baskets with the meatballs.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 531Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 136mgSodium 1837mgCarbohydrates 22gSugar 4gProtein 60g
Not making these Instant Pot Garlic-Parmesan Turkey Meatballs right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it later!