(This Instant Pot Italian Tomato Chicken & Penne Pasta is a one-way ticket to memory lane. A hearty meal just like the one my Nana would make, but even simpler with the Instant Pot! Make this Instant Pot chicken & pasta dish tonight, you can thank me later!)
Growing up, I always loved going to my Nana’s for dinner…
To this day, she’s completely incapable of cooking for less than an army worth of people, and with her cooking? I bring my army-sized appetite!
One of my very favorite meals she makes is Italian tomato chicken & penne pasta…
But it can take a while to make, and I don’t always have the time.
Once I got my Instant Pot, I knew that was a recipe that I just HAD to convert!
So I started experimenting, and I finally have the perfect Instant Pot Italian tomato, chicken, & penne pasta recipe!
If you haven’t already made penne pasta in an Instant Pot, you might be wondering how that could possibly work…
Wouldn’t pressure cooking pasta make it mushy?
Thank heavens, it doesn’t.
This Instant Pot chicken & pasta recipe leaves your penne perfectly al dente, just like my Nana’s!
Instant Pot Italian tomato, chicken, & penne pasta is the perfect comfort food whenever you need a hearty meal in a hurry!
Get home from a bad day at work?
Exhausted after driving the kids to roughly 247 sports practices?
Feeling overwhelmed and just want time to slow down?
Make this Instant Pot chicken & pasta recipe!
Doesn’t that just look like home?
Do yourself (and your family!) a favor and make this Instant Pot Italian tomato chicken & penne tonight for dinner…
Don’t worry, you can thank me later!
Items Recommended for Instant Pot Italian Tomato Chicken & Penne Pasta
The wooden turner is a game-changer for anyone who uses an Instant Pot regularly… I use it pretty much every single day.
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 sachet dry italian dressing
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup dry penne pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 stackable inner pot
- In stackable pot, add dry pasta, olive oil and enough water to cover pasta plus about ¼ inch over the top. Stir to mix well.
- Sprinkle italian dressing over chicken pieces
- Place chicken into pot.
- Mix about 1 cup water with crushed tomatoes. Pour over chicken.
- Put inner pot on top of chicken. Cover and lock lid.
- Set pot to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release.
- Remove inner pot with pasta and chicken from pot, leaving liquid in pot.
- Set pot to sauté mode. Bring liquid to boil to make sauce
- Add pasta to sauce. Mix well. Serve with chicken.
If you aren’t making this Instant Pot Italian tomato chicken & penne pasta for dinner tonight, make sure you pin this post so you can come back when you’re ready!