(Inside: This homemade Instant Pot pumpkin and carrot baby food is simple and quick to make, so you can be sure you’re giving your baby the very best homemade baby food!)
When my daughter was born, I thought I would be supermom.
I was going to do all the things… Daily walks, reading all the books with her, spending every waking moment engaging with her to help her grow and develop.
Can you relate?
I’ll be the first to admit that 98% of the things I thought I’d do when I became a mom never worked out that way.
But the one thing that stuck?
Making my own baby food.
There’s just something about the jarred food in the store.
It doesn’t smell good, it must not taste good, and I knew I wanted to make real baby food for my daughter.
And let me tell you, making baby food at home for my daughter has never been easier than when I realized I could use my Instant Pot to make the job a total breeze.
This Instant Pot pumpkin and carrot baby food is simple to make, and if my daughter’s the judge… it’s delicious!
Instant Pot Pumpkin and Carrot Baby Food
This homemade pumpkin and carrot baby food has a perfect fall blend of flavors that your baby will gobble up!
The hand blender and steamer are an absolute must for making baby food easier!
Serves 30 ounces
INSTANT POT PUMPKIN AND CARROT BABY FOOD
- 2 carrots
- 1 butternut pumpkin
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. thyme, optional
- Peel carrots, potatoes, and pumpkin. Remove seeds from the pumpkin. Cut all veggies into cubes.
- Add water and veggies to the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid and seal the vent. Cook on “Manual/High” for 15 minutes.
- Once done cooking allow Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and add in thyme and olive oil.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Portion out into small containers. Cover and freeze any that you do not plan on using within a day.
To cook this recipe in bulk simply multiply the recipe. We have done up to 2 small pumpkins.
If you’re not making baby food today, make sure you pin this post so you can come back to it when you’re ready!