Inside: This Easy Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe will quickly become one of your family staples! This homemade Alfredo sauce on top of fettuccine noodles and tender chicken with broccoli is one meal your kids will ask you to make over and over again!
I am a pasta addict. At the end of a long day, a good bowl of pasta is my favorite thing to stuff my face with.
Y’all…I am not kidding when I say I started up at the gym just to be able to continue to stuff my face with pasta. Well, that, and it is two blissful hours of silence while my kids are off at the kid zone.
This easy Instant Pot chicken Alfredo pasta is absolutely hands down one of my favorite pasta dishes. Even the hubs, who hates the store bought Alfredo, enjoys this meal.
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
The very first time I attempted to make Alfredo sauce from scratch I was terrified. In my head it was this huge, complicated process to make anything from scratch. But, y’all – Alfredo sauce is so simple! It’s literally just dump it in and stir it!
When I make this dish I personally prefer to make our chicken Alfredo with broccoli. Broccoli is packed full of awesome nutrients such as protein, calcium, and iron. While it does loose some of these nutrients when you cook it, it is still a fantastic food to feed your family.
Adding broccoli into pasta dishes like this is one of those tricks that I use to get my picky eater to at least taste his veggies.
Alrighty friends, lets get on to this recipe!
And if you are looking for more Instant Pot Chicken Recipes head over here to find all the chicken recipes that we have shared on Easy Instant Recipes! Happy cooking!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 pound dry fettuccine noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- fresh basil
- Press saute button on Instant Pot and heat olive oil until display reads "HOT".
- Cube chicken breasts and season with pepper. Add to your Instant Pot to brown. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Do not cook all the way through, just brown the outside.
- Once the chicken is browned remove to a plate.
- Melt butter in the pot and stir in minced garlic. Once butter is melted and garlic is fragrant, pour in the heavy cream.
- Simmer the cream and garlic for 2-3 minutes while scraping the bottom of the pot with a spatula to release the browned bits from the cooked chicken. Once the mixture begins to thicken, pour in the chicken broth and salt.
- Break dry fettuccine noodles in half and submerge the noodles completely in your Instant Pot. Add the browned chicken breasts and frozen broccoli to the top.
- Cover the Instant Pot and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Allow pot to naturally release for 8-10 minutes once done cooking.
- Stir in cheese and chopped basil before serving. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
Oh! And if you aren’t cooking right. this. instant. hit the pin button and save this recipe so that you can easily find it later.
You can also print this recipe out or save it to your Meal Planner Pro. Whatever works best for you!