Back in the early ’80s, my Grandma Lillian used to bake these Butter Pecan Cookies every Sunday. I remember sneaking into her kitchen, trying to snatch one fresh out of the oven, only to be caught by her every single time. “Patience,” she would say, handing me a glass of cold milk to wait with. Those were the days of pure cookie bliss. Over the years, this recipe has been passed down, tweaked a little here and there, but always holding onto the heart of Grandma Lillian’s original magic.
The Ultimate Butter Pecan Cookie Recipe That You Need in Your Life
Ah, Butter Pecan Cookies. The warm, buttery delight that has graced many a holiday table and coffee meet-up. In this post, I’m not just sharing any old Butter Pecan Cookie recipe – this is the ultimate guide to the perfect, most delectable, melt-in-your-mouth Butter Pecan Cookie you’ll ever taste. Buckle up, cookie lovers!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
Preheat Your Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Cream the Butter and Sugars:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
Add Eggs and Vanilla:
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, ensuring each egg is fully incorporated. Mix in the pure vanilla extract.
Combine Dry Ingredients:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Incorporate the Dry Ingredients:
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
Fold in Pecans:
- Gently fold in the finely chopped pecans. The dough should be thick and studded with pecans.
Form Cookie Dough Balls:
- Scoop out portions of dough using a cookie scoop or a spoon. Roll the dough into balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets, leaving some space between each cookie.
Bake to Perfection:
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. The centers may appear slightly underbaked, but they will firm up as they cool.
Cool and Enjoy:
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, savor the rich, buttery goodness of your homemade Butter Pecan Cookies!
- Toasting the Pecans: For an extra layer of flavor, consider toasting the pecans in a dry skillet or oven before chopping and adding them to the cookie dough.
- Storage: Store your Butter Pecan Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for several days. They can also be frozen for longer storage.
- Variations: You can customize these cookies by adding a touch of cinnamon or a drizzle of caramel to the dough for a unique twist.
Butter Pecan Cookies are a testament to the magic that happens when butter and pecans come together in perfect harmony. Enjoy these cookies with a loved one, or keep them all to yourself – they’re that good! 🍪🧈🌰