There is something magical about the blend of pork tenderloin with apples. This Instant Pot Applesauce Pork Tenderloin is one of my absolute favorite pork tenderloin recipes. This pork tenderloin with applesauce recipe is fantastic year round – it even does great on the grill in the summer 😉
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Applesauce
Just this week we have started planning our holiday menu. So far on our Thanksgiving menu we have:
We have been struggling to decide on a meat. While the hubs and I love turkey, none of our kids do. But, they do absolutely adore this applesauce pork tenderloin.
I think this just might be the perfect recipe for our holiday plans 😉
Cooking a pork loin with applesauce in a pressure cooker does have some tricks as the sauce can thicken in the Instant Pot causing a burn notice.
To get around this there are two options (that I can think of):
1. Dilute the sauce with 1/2-1 cup of water when cooking the pork loin directly in the inner pot. Flavor is just as delicious, the sauce is just thinner.
2. Use the pot in pot (PiP) method. I personally prefer using a silicone loaf pan when we make pork loin, but any inner pot will work. If you used stackable pots you could make an entire meal! If using a stackable pan put the meat (or the thickest item you are cooking) in the bottom pan.
Alrighty y’all, let’s get cooking!
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 3 T. honey
- 2 T. sugar-free Dijon mustard
- 3 T. fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 1½ lbs. pork tenderloin
- 3 medium firm apples, cored and chopped
- 1 c. water for pressure cooker
- Turn Instant Pot on sauté. Allow the inner pot to heat up.
- Combine applesauce, honey, Dijon mustard, and rosemary leaves in a small bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Add cold coconut oil to the inner Instant Pot pot.
- Generously season the pork roast with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook the pork roast in the Instant Pot until browned and evenly seared on all sides, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Place the pork roast in a pressure cooker safe loaf pan or stackable pan.
- Spread the applesauce mixture all over the top and sides of the pork. Arrange the chopped apples around the sides of the pork
- Place the pan with the pork roast into the Instant Pot with 1/2 cup of water beneath it. Use the insert to stabilize the pan if needed.
- Lock the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the vent.
- Pressure cook on "High/Manual" for 30 minutes.
- Once done cooking allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Serve and enjoy!
If using a larger pork loin, cut in half and divide into two stackable pans before pressure cooking.
The applesauce mixture is too thick to cook in the pressure cooker without inner pans. You can dilute the mixture with water if desired to cook straight in the Instant Pot inner pot. Flavor will be the same although the sauce will be thinner.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 4-6
Amount Per Serving Calories 1994 Total Fat 134g Saturated Fat 99g Cholesterol 455mg Sodium 378mg Carbohydrates 25g Sugar 18g Protein 163g
Not making this pork tenderloin with applesauce in your pressure cooker right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it later!