Picture yourself on a sunny, sandy beach with a gentle breeze, sipping a piña colada. Now, bring that tropical paradise right into your kitchen with Pineapple Cream Cheese Pound Cake. This decadent dessert is a heavenly fusion of sweet, tangy pineapple and rich, creamy cream cheese, all in a moist and buttery pound cake. Whether you’re planning a special occasion or simply indulging in a sweet treat, this recipe will transport your taste buds to an island getaway.
For the Pound Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well-drained (canned or fresh)
For the Pineapple Glaze:
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Making the Pound Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter and cream cheese together until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the pure vanilla extract and almond extract (if using).
- Gently fold in the well-drained crushed pineapple.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tube or Bundt pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Creating the Pineapple Glaze:
- In a small bowl, combine the well-drained crushed pineapple, powdered sugar, and fresh lemon juice. Mix until the glaze is smooth and has a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the pineapple glaze over the cooled pound cake.
- Well-Drained Pineapple: It’s essential to drain the crushed pineapple thoroughly to prevent excess moisture in the cake.
- Variations: If you want to intensify the pineapple flavor, add a little pineapple extract to the batter. You can also include shredded coconut for extra texture and tropical flair.
- Storage: Store the Pineapple Cream Cheese Pound Cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Freezing: This cake freezes well. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil before freezing for up to three months.
- Serving: Consider serving each slice with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delightful treat.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a slice of tropical paradise that can be enjoyed year-round. The lush pineapple and cream cheese meld into a velvety cake that’s perfect for celebrations, afternoon tea, or whenever you want to infuse a little sunshine into your day. Bake this delightful dessert and savor the tropical bliss with every bite. 🍍🍰🏝️