Philly Cheesesteak Cheesy Bread – A Flavorful Fusion of Two Favorites
Philly Cheesesteak Cheesy Bread is the ultimate fusion of two American classics – the iconic Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and ooey-gooey cheesy bread. Imagine tender strips of seasoned steak, sautéed onions and bell peppers, all smothered in melted cheese, loaded onto a warm, crusty baguette. This dish is a hearty, indulgent delight that’s perfect for game day, gatherings, or anytime you’re craving a taste of Philadelphia. Let’s dive into this recipe that brings the spirit of Philly to your kitchen!
For the Philly Cheesesteak Filling:
- 1 pound ribeye steak, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup beef broth
For the Cheesy Bread:
- 1 long baguette or French bread
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare the Philly Cheesesteak Filling:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the thinly sliced ribeye steak and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until it’s browned and no longer pink. Remove the steak from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the sliced onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper. Sauté for about 4-5 minutes, or until they become tender and slightly caramelized.
- Add the minced garlic, dried oregano, dried thyme, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Return the cooked steak to the skillet, and pour in the beef broth. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Prepare the Cheesy Bread:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice the baguette or French bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out some of the bread from the top halves to create a slight well for the filling.
- Sprinkle half of the provolone and mozzarella cheese onto the bottom halves of the bread.
- Carefully spoon the Philly Cheesesteak filling onto the cheese-covered bread.
- Top the filling with the remaining cheese.
- Place both halves of the bread onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the bread is toasted.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for a minute, then slice and serve your Philly Cheesesteak Cheesy Bread.
- Ribeye Steak: Ribeye steak is the traditional choice for Philly Cheesesteak, but you can use sirloin or another cut you prefer.
- Bread Variations: Feel free to use different types of bread, like hoagie rolls or ciabatta, depending on your preference.
- Cheese Choices: While provolone and mozzarella are classic choices, you can experiment with other cheese varieties, such as Swiss or cheddar.
- Toppings: Add your favorite condiments or toppings like sautéed mushrooms or hot peppers for an extra layer of flavor.
Philly Cheesesteak Cheesy Bread is a delightful combination of flavors and textures, making it a memorable dish for any occasion. The savory steak, sweet bell peppers, and gooey cheese come together in every mouthwatering bite. Enjoy this Philly-inspired creation! 🥖🧀🥩