Inside: These easy Instant Pot sloppy joes are absolutely DELICIOUS and they take like no time at all. Make some yummy Instant Pot sloppy joes with frozen ground beef as a perfect kid-friendly Instant Pot recipe!
I have a secret to share with you…
I’m a grown-up that loves kid-friendly food.
Mac and Cheese? Hamburgers? Pizza? They’re my jam.
So I’ve been on a mission to make a TON of kid-friendly Instant Pot recipes that my entire family enjoys...
My favorite so far? These easy instant pot sloppy joes!
I don’t mean to toot my own horn but… Toot. Toot.
Because this might just be the best instant pot sloppy joes recipe ever!
See, my family is picky.
That might be an understatement… We are SUPER PICKY.
But when I made some instant pot sloppy joes with frozen ground beef, every single member of our family loved them.
Even my pickiest kiddo had seconds…
I might have even had thirds… #nojudgement
I especially love how quick and easy it is to make these Instant Pot sloppy joes!
You can even make them with frozen ground beef so you don’t have to waste time thawing out your meat.
See, by the time we get home from school and all the after-school runaround, my kids are ready for dinner PRONTO!
The Instant Pot is always the hero, helping me get a simple and delicious dinner on the table in no time!
Seriously, you just have to throw your ingredients together, and then your Instant Pot does all the heavy lifting!
Once your Instant Pot is doing its thing, you are free to help the kids with homework, clean up the kitchen, or maybe (if you’re lucky) spend a few minutes to yourself.
So grab some frozen ground beef, some tomato paste, and some onions, and follow this easy Instant Pot sloppy joes recipe to get a super tasty dinner ready in minutes!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 2/3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Turn your Instant Pot on to sauté and allow it to heat up.
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar, ketchup, tomato paste, mustard, cider vinegar, chili powder, and Worcestershire. Set this sauce aside.
- When Instant Pot is hot, add in hamburger and garlic.
- Cook until the meat begins to brown and then remove from heat to drain off excess grease.
- With the meat in the pot add in the celery, green peppers, and onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn Instant Pot off and add ketchup mixture and beef broth.
- Cook on "Manual" high pressure for 7 minutes. Quick release when the timer beeps.
- In a small bowl mix together water and corn starch.
- Turn Instant Pot back onto sauté and add corn starch mixture. Cook until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
If using frozen beef cook on "Manual" high pressure for 14 minutes instead of 7.
Oh, and if you aren’t making these Instant Pot sloppy joes right this second, you’ll want to make sure to save this recipe so you can pull it out the next time you want some sloppy joes in a flash!