Inside: This easy Instant Pot brown rice recipe takes only a few minutes to make, and it’s delicious! Make the perfect simple and healthy side with this Instant Pot brown rice with your dinner today!
I am a sucker for rice.
All kinds of rice. With all kinds of toppings and sauces…
My sister and I used to make rice and top it with barbecue sauce when we were kids.
My parents thought we were crazy, but it was deeeeelicious.
Instant Pot Rice was one of the favorite things I cooked when I got my Instant Pot, and it turned out awesome.
But after making it a few times, I decided to branch out…
I set out to experiment and find the perfect Instant Pot brown rice recipe, and boyyyyy did it turn out good!
See, I try to use brown rice from the Instant Pot whenever I can in place of white rice.
It’s a bit healthier, and I can feel better about shoving my face with carbs… #nojudgement
And as I make healthy substitutions, my husband and my super picky kids typically fight me.
That one time I tried cauliflower pizza crust? Yeah, they could definitely tell the difference on that one…
But this simple food swap – brown rice swapped in for white rice – is welcome every time.
Such a simple way to make a typical family meal just a little bit healthier!
So I know what you’re thinking:
What setting do you use to cook Instant Pot brown rice?
For the very best Instant Pot brown rice you’re going to use the Manual pressure button. On some pressure cookers this button may say High.
Items Recommended for Instant Pot Brown Rice
Don’t worry. This recipe is going to walk you through it step by step, and you’ll have delicious brown rice on your table in just about 20 minutes.
- 2 cups Brown Rice
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, optional
- Lightly coat the bottom and sides of the inner pot with coconut oil (to prevent sticking).
- Using a colander, rinse brown rice under cool water until water runs clear.
- Add the brown rice, salt, and water to your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on, lock it, and seal.
- Set the Instant Pot on "Manual/Pressure Cook" for 22 minutes.
- After the Instant Pot is done cooking and beeps, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Quick release remaining pressure and then fluff with a fork before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 86Total Fat 1gSodium 91mgCarbohydrates 17gProtein 2g
If you’re not making brown rice with your dinner tonight, make sure you pin this post so you can come back again and again!