Pound cakes are renowned for their dense, rich texture, and timeless appeal. When you add brown sugar and caramel into the mix, you get a dessert that’s not only a classic but also an indulgent delight. Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake takes the familiar pound cake to a new level of sweetness and decadence. It’s a dessert that’s perfect for any occasion, from family gatherings to special celebrations. Let’s dive into this recipe and create a dessert that will leave your taste buds singing.
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- A pinch of salt
Prepare the Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the room-temperature butter and brown sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, alternating with the milk. Start and finish with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The exact baking time may vary, so keep an eye on it.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, remove it from the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
Prepare the Caramel Sauce: 10. In a saucepan, combine the granulated sugar and water over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, stop stirring and let it boil. Swirl the pan occasionally to ensure even caramelization. Cook until the mixture turns a deep amber color.
- Carefully add the heavy cream, butter, and a pinch of salt. Be cautious, as the mixture will bubble vigorously.
- Stir until the caramel sauce is smooth and well combined. Remove it from the heat and let it cool slightly.
Finish the Cake: 14. Drizzle the warm caramel sauce over the cooled pound cake, allowing it to cascade down the sides.
- Let the caramel set for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- For a deeper caramel flavor, you can add a splash of caramel extract to the cake batter.
- The caramel sauce can be made ahead of time and reheated for serving.
- If you don’t have a bundt pan, you can use a regular cake pan, but the cooking time may vary, so keep an eye on the cake.
- Serve each slice of Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake with an extra drizzle of caramel sauce or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra touch of decadence.
Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake is a dessert that captures the essence of indulgence. With its rich, caramel-infused flavor and dense, moist texture, it’s a true treat for your taste buds. Whether it’s a special occasion or a sweet craving, this pound cake is sure to impress and satisfy.