Inside: Impress your friends and family with this stupid simple Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers Recipe. They will have no clue just how low maintenance and easy cooking these stuffed peppers with rice was!
My hubs loves stuffed peppers.
If you ask him what he wants for dinner you will always get one of three answer:
Parmesan Almond Tilapia
or I dunno…
I personally hate with a seething passion being told I dunno when asked what someone wants for dinner. Funny how something so ridiculous can get under your skin ain’t it?
Anyways, on the nights that I get told I dunno we always, -ALWAYS- go with Instant Pot stuffed peppers with rice.
Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers Recipe
I mean, just look at them. How could you not want to stuff your cheeks with that goodness?
Plus this Instant Pot stuffed peppers recipe is ridiculously easy.
Most of the time the big kids can help me cook this which is a total win-win.
Busy kids learning a life skill and a delicious dinner 🙂
Even little man will jump in on the button pressing action.
And the pride my kids take in cooking dinner.
Y’all here’s a hint: If you have a picky eater let them cook with you.
It is absolutely amazing how quickly a picky eater tries something new when they are giddy with pride from getting to help cook it.
It works on my kids every. single. time.
Items Recommended for Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
Alrighty y’all, let’s get cooking!
Easy Instant Recipes
17 minCook Time
- 4 large green peppers (cut and deseeded)
- 1 lb. ground lean beef or turkey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 can french onion soup
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cups uncooked rice
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- shredded cheese, as desired
- Set your pressure cooker to Sautée mode.
- When cooker is hot, add oil to pot, and then add diced onions. Sautée onions until brown and caramelized.
- Add ground meat, tomato, salt and pepper. Brown meat, breaking it into small pieces.
- Add a french onion soup, rice and water. Mix. There’ll be some liquid from the meat already. Be careful not to add too much water to the mixture so the rice won’t get too wet.
- Cancel sautée mode. Cover cooker, making sure to lock the lid. Set steam release to seal.
- Set cooker to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick release after cooking is done. Stir rice, cheese (if desired), and meat mixture.
- Stuff green peppers with mixture.
- Remove extra mixture from cooker. Add about ¼ cup water to cooker.
- Return stuffed peppers to cooker, set cooker to steam or 4 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick or natural release after cooking time.
- Serve hot.
Not making these stuffed peppers right this instant? Pin this recipe so you can find it easily once your ready to get cooking!