Inside: These Instant Pot mashed potatoes are SO YUMMY and they’re super easy to make! With this recipe, it’s easy to make Instant Pot mashed potatoes for a crowd in no time! It’s the perfect Instant Pot mashed potatoes recipe for family gatherings.
My favorite food is carbs.
But I have to admit… I hold a special place in my heart for mashed potatoes…
See, growing up, my sister cooked delicious meals, and I was the sister who didn’t cook.
So every year for Thanksgiving, my sister and I would stay the night at my Nana’s house, and we’d help make the Thanksgiving Meal.
But really, it often turned into my sister helping… But the one thing I did every time?
The mashed potatoes.
Why? Because I make DELICIOUS mashed potatoes, that’s why!
…And also because my sister hates to peel potatoes…
Regardless, I have developed my perfect mashed potatoes recipe over years of Thanksgiving trial and errors, and now I got to tweak my recipe to make some Instant Pot mashed potatoes.
And dare I say it… These might even be better than when I cooked them “the real way”.
My very favorite part about this Instant Pot mashed potatoes recipe is that it feeds a crowd.
Because who actually makes mashed potatoes for just one person?
I mean, even if I were making some just for me, I’d have to make at least enough for two people!
Buuuuut I digress. My point?
This Instant Pot mashed potatoes recipe will feed everyone you’ve got coming around, whether it’s Easter or Thanksgiving or just a fun family dinner!
I also just love that this Instant Pot mashed potatoes recipe is so EASY.
It only takes a few minutes, and you get delicious and fluffy mashed potatoes, every time.
Remember, here at Easy Instant Recipes we emphasize that “Easy”.
I want you to be able to make your family a quick meal in practically no time and be able to help your kids with their homework instead of babysitting a pot on the stove.
So grab a few potatoes and get ready, because this Instant Pot mashed potatoes recipe is about to rock your world.
3 minCook Time
3 minTotal Time
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- salt and chives to taste
- Wash, peel, and dice potatoes. You can cook these with skins on if you desire! Just dice them nice and small, this is the key to a quicker cook time.
- Place water, diced potatoes, and salt in the Instant Pot.
- Cover and cook on "Manual" high pressure for 3 minutes. Want to make more than three potatoes? The rule here is one minute per diced potatoe.
- Once your Instant Pot beeps done allow the pressure to naturally release and then drain the water.
- With your potatoes still in the pot, add in milk and butter and then mash by hand! These potatoes will fall apart, you will not need an electric mixer unless you want to use one.
- Garnish with salt and/or chives and serve!
Oh, and unless you’re making Instant Pot mashed potatoes right this second, you’ll definitely want to save this post so that you can refer back to it when you are!