Fall is right around the corner and I cannot wait! If you are dreaming of cooler weather and changing leaves then this Instant Pot Applesauce Cake is for you!
Instant Pot Applesauce Cake Recipe
This pressure cooker applesauce cake is the thing my dreams are made of. An incredibly moist apple cake with candied pecan goodness. Candy apples are close to one of my favorite fall treats. They are right up there with pumpkin spice!
We might have a month or so to go until cooler weather starts.
I know I could definitely use a break from this heat. One of the awesome things though about baking a cake in your instant pot is that you don’t need to use your oven that will heat up your house!
It’s kinda like the best of both worlds 😉
Items Recommended to Bake an Applesauce Cake in Your Instant Pot
Alrighty y’all, let’s get cooking
Easy Instant Recipes
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup halved pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Caramel sauce for topping, optional
- 1 cup water
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add in remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and then add in to the wet ingredients and blend together until well incorporated.
- Spray a 7-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray and then pour batter into the pan.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons brown sugar and pecans and spread this over the top of the batter in the springform pan.
- Top applesauce cake with aluminum foil and place the springform pan on Instant Pot trivet.
- Add water to the pressure cooker and then place the springform pan into the pressure cooker on top of the trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealing and then set to a manual pressure cooking time of 60 minutes and then allow for a natural pressure release before removing the lid.
Not baking this applesauce cake in your electric pressure cooker right this second? Then pin this post so you can easily find it once you are ready!