Inside: These easy Instant Pot chicken fajitas are DELICIOUS, and they’re done in less than thirty minutes! This is the perfect easy Instant Pot dinner recipe for busy moms after school! Even the pickiest of eaters love these chicken fajitas!
I. Love. Mexican. Food.
So does my family.
When I had my last baby? I was 80% sure she was going to be born a burrito.
Spoiler alert: She wasn’t.
We have a strict “Mexican Monday” policy at our house, so if you swing by any given Monday, we’ll have a totally delicious Mexican food dish cooking in the Instant Pot.
Last Monday we gave Chicken Chile Verde a try.And this Monday? I made easy Instant Pot chicken fajitas!
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Now, this isn’t just any old chicken fajitas recipe, friends.
It’s the BEST recipe ever.
Okay, I may be a teensy tiny bit biased.
But friends, these easy chicken fajitas are GOOD.
Not to mention, cooking fajitas in the Instant Pot is so. dang. easy!
I mean, this baby takes less than 30 minutes from thought to dinner, and that’s my kinda Monday meal!
I know you know what I’m talking about.
After the weekend you head back to real life.
Work. School. Carpool. It’s enough to put anyone in a bad mood.
But Mexican Food Monday will totally turn your day around!
So this Monday I actually planned on making my favorite taco recipe.
“But moooooom, you made tacos laaaaaaaast Monday”
Uhhhh yeah. I definitely did make tacos last Monday. Because tacos are delicious.
But I don’t like disappointing the minions, so I looked in my fridge to see what else I could put together quickly.
Aha! Chicken fajitas to the rescue!
So I grabbed out some peppers, some onions, and I started chopping!
I love that once I got all my ingredients into my Instant Pot I got 15 minutes to help the kids with their homework instead of standing over a stove.
Then once the pressure was released, I just had to drain the juice (woah buddy is there a lot of juice!), toss in the rest of the spices, and add it to my tortillas with cheese and some extra onions.
The easy chicken fajitas recipe was a huge hit, even with my picky eater!
Items Recommended for Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
How to Make Chicken Fajitas in the Instant Pot
Easy Instant Recipes
SmartPoints Freestyle 2
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken strips
- 1 red bell pepper; cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper; cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper; cut into strips
- 1 white onion; slice one half into half rounds
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dozen tortillas
- 1 or 2 limes; sliced into wedges
- 2 cups cheese for topping
- Dice second half of white onion for topping
- Slice bell peppers and onion.
- Place chicken and water in the instant pot or pressure cooker.
- Add bell peppers and onion then toss.
- Top with half of the spices and toss again.
- Set pressure to high pressure.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Release pressure (if you don't want to release pressure cook for 10 minutes then let natural pressure release)
- Drain most of the juice. It will give quite a bit.
- Then toss in the other half of the spices.
- Plate into tortillas and top with cheese, onion, and a lime.
Use Mission Brand tortillas for the SP2 or make your own tortillas using 2 Ingredient Dough from Slap Dash Mom.
Oh, and don’t forget to pin this post, so that you can refer back to it when you’re planning your own Mexican Food Monday!