Every summer, the aroma of grilled steak wafts through our backyard, a signature scent of the Smith family gatherings. This isn’t just any steak; it’s seasoned with our Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning, a recipe passed down from Grandpa Earl. After a memorable steak dinner in Texas, Grandpa returned home, experimenting until he recreated that iconic flavor. Today, each bite isn’t just about the taste; it’s a tribute to Grandpa Earl’s culinary journey and the cherished memories he left behind. Every sprinkle of the seasoning is a nod to our family’s rich history, uniting past and present over a delicious meal.
Texas Roadhouse! Anyone who’s dined there knows the pure joy of biting into one of their perfectly seasoned steaks. But what if you could recreate that mouthwatering experience at home? In today’s guide, we’re diving deep into the Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning recipe, so you can enjoy that iconic flavor anytime you wish.
But before we begin, why should you trust this recipe? Because, dear reader, this isn’t just any steak seasoning. This is the culmination of rigorous taste tests and fine-tuning to bring that restaurant-quality savoriness straight to your kitchen.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes (Yep, just mix and go!)
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: Seasoning for 2-3 steaks (depending on size and personal preference)
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Step-by-Step Guide to Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning Perfection:
- Gather Your Ingredients: There’s nothing worse than getting halfway through a recipe and realizing you’re missing something. Lay out all your ingredients and ensure you have everything you need.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the coarse kosher salt, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, paprika, chili powder, and black pepper. These spices come together to create a melody of flavors, each playing a crucial role in achieving that authentic Texas Roadhouse taste.
- Add the Cornstarch: This might surprise some, but cornstarch is a secret weapon. It helps to keep the brown sugar from clumping and ensures an even coat on your steak. Sprinkle in the cornstarch and mix until everything is well combined.
- Storage: If you’re not using the seasoning immediately, transfer it to an airtight container. It’ll keep fresh for up to 6 months. Just ensure it’s stored in a cool, dry place.
Tips for the Perfect Steak:
- Let Your Steak Sit: After seasoning your steak generously, let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. This allows the salt to penetrate and season the meat, resulting in a juicier, more flavorful steak.
- High Heat is Key: Whether you’re grilling or pan-searing, ensure your cooking surface is hot. A high heat will give your steak a delightful sear, locking in those juices and flavors.
- Resting Time: Once cooked to your liking, let the steak rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. This ensures the juices redistribute throughout the steak, making every bite a juicy one.
The Secrets Behind Perfect Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning:
The magic of Texas Roadhouse steak seasoning lies not just in the ingredients but in the balance. The fusion of sweetness from brown sugar, the saltiness from kosher salt, and the warmth from spices like turmeric, paprika, and chili powder creates a palate-pleasing experience. The cornstarch acts as the unsung hero, ensuring the seasoning blends seamlessly without clumping.
- Grilled Veggies: Toss some bell peppers, zucchini, and asparagus in olive oil, sprinkle a bit of our seasoning, and grill them alongside your steak.
- Potato Wedges: Slice potatoes, drizzle with oil, season, and bake or air fry for a side that complements the steak’s flavors.
- Refreshing Salad: Pair your steak with a simple arugula salad dressed with lemon, olive oil, and shaved parmesan for a refreshing contrast.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Can I use this seasoning for other meats? Absolutely! It’s versatile enough for chicken, pork, and even fish.
- How long can I store this seasoning? In an airtight container and in a cool, dry place, it’ll keep fresh for up to 6 months.
- Is it gluten-free? Yes, all ingredients listed are naturally gluten-free. However, always check the labels of your ingredients to be sure.
With this Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning recipe in your arsenal, every steak night will feel like a special occasion. It’s a blend of flavors that’s both robust and balanced, promising to elevate your steak from the ordinary to the extraordinary.
Happy cooking and even happier eating!
📌 Loved this recipe? Don’t forget to pin it to your favorite grilling or steak board on Pinterest! Let’s share the love for Texas Roadhouse flavor!
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to bookmark this page and share it with your fellow steak aficionados. For more delightful recipes and cooking tips, be sure to browse through our blog. Your taste buds will thank you!