Inside:Treat your babies taste buds and your wallet with this tasty Instant Pot Zucchini and Cauliflower Baby Food! Your little one will love this flavorful infant puree!
Lately I have talked to a lot of moms who think making homemade baby food is a big difficult ordeal.
And let me tell you – 100% – making baby food at home is not at all difficult or time consuming.
If you would have asked me about making homemade baby food when my first child was an infant (10 years ago) that most likely would have been a different tune.
But now…now the market is filled with so many nifty gadgets that make making baby food at home super easy.
Instant Pot Zucchini and Cauliflower Baby Food
One of those nifty gadgets that I have fallen head over heels in love with is our Instant Pot.
I can seriously make a full months worth of baby food in one nap time.
ONE. NAP. TIME.
Y’all that’s quicker than a trip to the store…especially when you have four kids in tow.
Recently we tried out this zucchini and cauliflower baby puree for Little Miss and she snarfed it all down.
The girl loves food.
But, she really loved this zucchini + cauliflower + potato baby puree
Storing extra portions was also super simple. After the baby food was done cooking and fully pureed we portioned it out into small little baby food containers and popped it in the freezer.
You could also portion it out into an ice cube tray and freeze it that way. I personally prefer to freeze with lids on so that the food does not get frost bitten or discolor from exposure to air.
Items Recommended for Instant Pot Zucchini and Cauliflower Baby Food
Ready to get cooking?
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup water
- Peel and dice vegetables.
- Add vegetable and water to Instant Pot. Cover with lid, lock the lid, and seal the vent.
- Cook on "Manual/High" for 15 minutes. Once Instant Pot beeps allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes and the quick release the remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, drain excess liquid, and then use an immersion blender to blend the vegetables until they are pureed smooth.
- If you need the baby food to be a thinner consistency, add water or breast milk to thin it out.
- Portion food out into small containers. Cover and freeze any portion that you do not plan on using that day.
To cook in bulk simply multiply the recipe. We typically increase this recipe to 6-8 potatoes in the Instant Pot at once.