It happens every time.
4 PM and the kids start asking the dreaded question… “What’s for dinner?”
Then I have to face the facts that I forgot to pull anything out of the freezer.
And that my kids don’t actually want cold cereal or pb&js for dinner.
Can you relate? I know I can!
Well, instead of panicking, now I don’t have to stress. Because you can use your instant pot to cook chicken breast that’s frozen!
That’s right, pop a frozen chicken breast in the Instant Pot and you’ll have dinner in no time!
And one of my very favorite recipes that’s quick and easy to do when it’s 4 pm and you haven’t even thought about dinner yet is this Instant Pot Garlic Herb Chicken Breast Recipe!
This Instant Pot garlic herb chicken breast recipe is one of my favorite Instant Pot beginner recipes!
Plus it’s totally kid-friendly.
My kids think they’re spoiled when I make the garlic herb chicken, but in reality, it’s my go-to meal for when I’m low on time and need a delicious meal fast!
I love that you don’t have to think, and you can pull together this recipe in a flash!
Plus it’s delicious. I love to add a simple side of wild rice and I’ve got a yummy dinner for the whole family ready fast!
You can beat the evening shuffle and give yourself time to help kids with homework or actually talk to your husband when he gets home instead of slaving over a hot stove with this Instant Pot garlic herb chicken breast recipe.
You can thank me later!
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs if preferred
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup water
Instant Pot Garlic Herb Chicken Breast
- 1.5 Cup Long Grain Basmati Rice
- 2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 large Onion
- 1.5 tbsp Garlic Minced
- 1.5 tbsp Mixed Herb (Oregano,Thyme,Parsley)
- ½ tspn Chili Powder (adjust as per taste)
- 1 tbsp PaprikaSalt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan to serve
To Season Chicken:
- 5-6 Chicken Thighs With Bone
- ½ tspn Chili Powder adjust as per taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tspn Salt½ tspn Pepper
- First measure rice. Wash it until the water runs clear. Add enough water to soak the rice and keep it aside. Don't soak rice for more than 15-20 minutes.
- Measure the Stock required for cooking rice and keep it warm(to fasten the cooking process).
- To the Chicken thighs add salt, pepper, chilli powder, lemon juice. Mix well. Keep aside while you are preparing other ingredients.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and put it in Saute Mode. When the Instant Pot is pre-heated, add Oil. Add seasoned Chicken Thighs to the pot and sear it 2-3 minutes on each side. Once they look light golden brown and crispy, remove and keep aside. Add butter to the pot, followed by chopped Onion. Saute until Onion looks soft and translucent.
- Add Chopped garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add herbs, Paprika, Chilli powder. Mix well.
- Drain any extra liquid and add soaked rice.
- Gently stir for 2-3 minutes roast rice. (This step is optional, You can directly skip to the next step.)
- Pour in warm stock or water. Season it with salt and pepper. Arrange seared Chicken thighs in a single layer. Add any extra liquid that would have come from Chicken thigh while resting.
- Switch Instant Pot to manual mode. Set the timer for 8 mins. And let the Instant Pot do its job.
- When the timer is off, let the pressure release naturally for 8-10 minutes. Then release pressure using back of a spoon manually. Once the pressure is released completely, open the lid and let it rest for another 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon or fork separate rice grain gently. While serving sprinkle some parsley and parmesan cheese.
Oh, and if you aren’t making this delicious Instant Pot Garlic Herb Chicken Breast right this second, be sure to pin it for later.
That way you can find it when it’s 4 PM and you’re wondering what you can do with an Instant Pot and frozen chicken breast!