Inside: This instant pot butternut squash cube recipe is super simple and totally delicious! Even kids will love this easy instant pot butternut squash recipe!
My kids are super picky.
I mean, I get it… I’m picky too.
I grew up on hamburger helper and happy meals, so trying to feed my family healthy foods can sometimes be a real struggle.
Thankfully, I’ve learned that “eating healthy” doesn’t have to mean boring yucky food.
You can eat totally delicious foods that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy like these Instant Pot butternut squash cubes!
Okay, before you roll your eyes, I pinky swear that this butternut squash recipe is totally delicious.
Butternut squash has a really sweet taste, and it’s amazing when you roast it.
The issue? Roasting can take a long time, and #aintnobodygottimefothat
Thankfully, with the Instant Pot you can make a delicious butternut squash side dish in a matter of minutes.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash
Like I said, both the kids and I can be kinda picky when it comes to food. I was incredibly hesitant to give squashes a try because I was worried about the texture.
And then last year I was hired for a gardening campaign with Miracle Gro. It was a super fun activity and the kids had a blast learning how to garden. But, the next thing I knew, we had more squashes than I would ever know what to do with.
We learned how to make pies, soups, french fries, pastas, and so much more. My absolute favorite, though ended up being this simple Instant Pot Butternut Squash recipe.
Looking for more kid approved Instant Pot recipes? Then we have got you covered! Swing over here to check out all of our favorite tested Kid Friendly Instant Pot Recipes!
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 cup of Water
For the Toppings:
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Wash off the outside of the butternut squash.
- With the wire rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water.
- Place the whole butternut squash inside the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and make sure the valve is in the closed position.
- On your electric pressure cooker, press the manual button and set the time to 5 minutes.
- After the butternut squash has cooked for five minutes under pressure, allow the pressure to naturally release. This can take up to 30 minutes.
- Once pressure is released, open the lid and carefully remove the cooked butternut squash from the Instant Pot.
- Place the butternut squash on a cutting board to allow to cool.
- Once the squash is cool enough to safely handle, slice open the butternut squash vertically
- Remove the seeds and strings from inside the butternut squash with a spoon and discard.
- Carefully using a sharp knife, slice your cubes.
- Use a spoon, scoop the firm cubes out of the butternut squash.
- Place the butternut squash in a large bowl and prepare top with desired items. Our favorites are mozzarella cheese and butter (pictured).
Not making this Instant Pot Butternut Squash recipe right now? Then pin this post to your favorite Pinterest board so you can easily find it later!