A quick, hearty, and healthy Instant Pot meal!
Inside: Make this Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup for a quick hearty and healthy meal! You can even make this with leftovers!
Last year at this time of year I had my garden fully planted with teeny tiny plants peeking out of the dirt smiling at the sun.
Well let’s just say that today when I ran to the grocery store to pick up dinner it looked like a scene from a zombie apocalypse movie with people literally fighting over food, boxes scattered across the floor, and shelves bare…all because it’s supposed to snow tonight.
Y’all they do snow here. Like we had days with so far below zero I was convinced hell had frozen over and the kids still went to school.
But snow in April? I guess that is the level in which this town freaks.
So grocery shopping? Yeah I’m not that crazy. Instead I opted for a good hearty beef vegetable soup made from leftovers.
Instant Pot Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe
Y’all this soup is ridiculously easy. It’s one of those recipes that you really can’t mess up.
And one of those recipes that you can throw just about anything into and it will still be delicious.
Unless you do something insane like chocolate. Don’t do insane.
Every single time we make this recipe we switch it up and add in some new stuff.
When writing this recipe I left it at the basics just to give y’all the idea, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
Like tonight we used everything listed plus zucchini and tomatoes…and it was absolutely delicious.
For us, this is one of our weekly staples. I hope y’all love it as much as we do!
Alrighty y’all, let’s get cooking!
INSTANT POT VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 1 bag of baby carrots or 2 large carrots cut into chunks
- ¼ lb. cut green beans or 1 can green beans
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 2 large potatoes cut into large chunks
- 1 large stalk of celery sliced
- 2 cups wate
- Place all ingredients in Instant Pot.
- Cover, lock lid, and seal vent.
- Set to stew. 15 minutes if meat is defrosted, 25 minutes for frozen beef.
- Once done cooking allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Serve and enjoy!