The allure of the Texas Roadhouse’s rolls is undeniable. Those fluffy, slightly sweet rolls slathered with honey cinnamon butter have many a diner swooning before their main course even hits the table. But what if I told you that you could recreate that experience at home? Today, I’ll unveil the exact recipe for these iconic rolls, plus a bonus honey cinnamon butter recipe that’s the perfect complement.
The Secrets Behind Perfect Texas Roadhouse’s Rolls:
- Temperature is Key: Yeast thrives at a specific temperature. Make sure your water is warm but not hot; ideally between 100°F and 110°F.
- Quality Ingredients: Use fresh, high-quality ingredients. This ensures your rolls taste authentic and have the right texture.
- Patience in Proofing: Allow the dough to rise without disturbances. A slow rise gives the rolls their characteristic fluffiness.
🕒 Recipe Breakdown:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes (plus rising time)
- Servings: 12 rolls
📝 Ingredients You’ll Need:
For the Rolls:
- 1 Packet dry active yeast
- ¼ C. Warm water
- ½ C. Milk
- ½ C. Buttermilk
- ¼ C. Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- Pinch salt
- 3 ½ C. All-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Softened unsalted butter
For the Honey Cinnamon Butter:
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, softened and unsalted
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Confectioners sugar
- Yeast Activation: Start by dissolving the yeast in the warm water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until it’s frothy. This process activates the yeast, ensuring your rolls rise beautifully.
- Wet Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine the milk, buttermilk, granulated sugar, and egg. Whisk them together until well mixed.
- Dough Formation: Add the yeast mixture to the wet ingredients. Begin to slowly incorporate the all-purpose flour and salt. As the dough starts to form, add in the softened butter.
- Kneading: On a floured surface, turn out your dough and knead for about 5-7 minutes until it’s smooth and elastic.
- First Rise: Place the kneaded dough in a greased bowl, covering it with a damp cloth. Allow it to rise in a warm area for about 1-2 hours, or until it doubles in size.
- Shaping the Rolls: Once risen, punch down the dough and divide it into 12 equal parts. Shape each into a roll and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Second Rise: Allow the shaped rolls to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Baking: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Once preheated, bake the rolls for 12-15 minutes or until they’re golden brown on top.
- Honey Cinnamon Butter: While the rolls are baking, combine the softened butter, cinnamon, honey, and confectioners sugar in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and fluffy.
- Serve & Enjoy: Once baked, serve these rolls warm with a generous dollop of honey cinnamon butter and watch them disappear in seconds!
📌 Pro Tips:
- Always ensure your yeast is not expired. Fresh yeast is the key to fluffy rolls.
- For the best results, use a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment. This ensures even mixing without overworking the dough.
- These rolls freeze well. Just ensure they’re fully cooled before freezing.
- Soups & Stews: These rolls are the perfect companion to a hearty bowl of soup or stew.
- Barbecues: Complement your grilled dishes with these soft rolls.
- Breakfast: Slather some honey cinnamon butter on a toasted roll for a sumptuous breakfast treat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q1: Can I use whole wheat flour?
A1: Absolutely! However, they might be denser. Try a mix of all-purpose and whole wheat for a balanced texture.
Q2: Can I freeze the dough?
A2: Yes, after the first rise, shape them into rolls and freeze. When ready to use, thaw, give them the second rise, and then bake.
Q3: My rolls didn’t rise. Why?
A3: It could be due to expired yeast or the water temperature being too hot or cold during activation.
So, are you ready to indulge in this fluffy delight? This Texas Roadhouse’s rolls recipe is bound to make any dinner special. Don’t wait for a special occasion – make today memorable with these rolls!
📌 Pin It! Love this recipe? Make sure to pin it on your favorite Pinterest board and share it with fellow baking enthusiasts!