If you’ve been on the hunt for a breakfast treat that is sure to impress your family and friends, then you’ve landed in the right place. Today, I’ll share a hidden gem of a recipe: the Crescent Cheese Danish. This delectable pastry combines the creaminess of Philly cream cheese, the sweetness of sugars, and the tanginess of lemon juice, all wrapped up in the soft, flaky crescent roll. And to top it all off, a silky-smooth vanilla glaze that will make your taste buds dance!
Not only is this Danish delightfully tasty, but it’s also surprisingly easy to make. Ready to get baking? Let’s dive in.
Crescent Cheese Danishes: A Delightful Morning Indulgence
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 8 danishes
- 1 Medium PKG. of softened Philly cream cheese
- Two crescent roll tubes
- 1/2 C. of regular white sugar
- 1/4 C. of light brown sugar
- 2 TBSP. of melted butter
- 1 TSP. of lemon juice
- 1 TSP. of pure vanilla extract
For The Glaze:
- 2/3 C. of powdered sugar
- 4 TSP. of milk
- 1 TSP. of pure vanilla extract
Steps To The Perfect Danish:
- Preheat & Prep: Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). While it’s heating up, unroll the crescent roll tubes and separate the triangles.
- Creamy Mixture Magic: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the softened Philly cream cheese, regular white sugar, light brown sugar, melted butter, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Mix these ingredients until smooth and creamy. This filling is where the magic happens!
- Fill & Roll: Place a generous dollop of the cream cheese mixture on the wide end of each crescent triangle. Then, roll them up, starting from the wide end and moving to the narrow tip.
- Bake to Perfection: Place your filled crescents on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure they’re spaced out to prevent sticking. Pop them in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown and ooze with creamy goodness.
- Glaze Galore: While the danishes are baking, it’s time to make the glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Your goal is a smooth and runny texture. If it’s too thick, add a tad more milk; too thin, sprinkle in some more powdered sugar.
- Dress the Danishes: Once baked, remove the danishes from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. Then, drizzle them generously with the vanilla glaze.
Tips for the Perfect Danish:
- Cold Cream Cheese: It’s essential to soften the cream cheese for that perfect creamy texture. If you’re in a rush, microwave it for 15-20 seconds.
- Freshness Matters: Always use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor. Trust me, it makes a difference!
- Storing Leftovers: If by some miracle there are any leftovers, store them in an airtight container. They’ll stay fresh for up to 3 days.
The Secrets Behind Perfect Crescent Cheese Danishes:
Every recipe has its little secrets that elevate it from “good” to “extraordinary.” Here are a few insider tips for the Crescent Cheese Danish:
- Butter Matters: Always go for unsalted, high-quality butter. This can make a significant difference in flavor and consistency.
- Chill Before Baking: Pop the filled crescents in the fridge for about 10 minutes before baking. This helps them hold their shape and results in a flakier crust.
- Pure Extract: Always use pure vanilla extract instead of imitation. It’s a game-changer in terms of flavor.
- Berry Delight: Serve with a side of fresh berries to add a refreshing contrast to the creamy danishes.
- Whipped Cream: A dollop of whipped cream on the side never hurt anybody.
- Hot Beverage Pairing: These danishes go perfectly with a cup of hot cappuccino, black tea, or even a cocoa drink.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Can I use homemade crescent dough? Absolutely! If you have a preferred homemade dough, feel free to use it. Just adjust the baking time accordingly.
- How to store leftover glaze? Place it in an airtight container and refrigerate. It should be good for up to a week.
- Can I freeze the danishes? Yes, after baking, let them cool completely. Then, place in a single layer in a freezer bag. They can be frozen for up to a month.
There you have it, the perfect Crescent Cheese Danish recipe to elevate your breakfast game. This Danish is sure to make your mornings brighter and tastier. Serve it alongside a cup of freshly brewed coffee or your favorite morning beverage, and you’re set for a delightful day ahead.
If you tried this recipe, do let us know how it turned out. Remember, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not make it the tastiest?
Did you like this recipe? Don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. And for more delightful recipes, keep an eye on our blog. Happy baking!
💡 Did you love this recipe? Make sure to pin it to your favorite breakfast Pinterest board! Share the deliciousness with others and find it easily the next time you’re craving a treat.