Are you ready to transform your kitchen into a gourmet bistro? Today, we are diving into a simple yet delicious recipe that combines the richness of Colby Jack cheese with the comforting taste of smoked ham, all wrapped in a golden-brown biscuit. Perfect for a cozy family brunch or a delightful snack, this recipe is quick, easy, and absolutely toddler-approved!
Now, let’s roll up our sleeves and start the culinary magic!
Colby Jack Cheese-Stuffed Biscuits Recipe
Once upon a Sunday morning, the Morgan family stumbled upon a recipe that would become their weekend tradition. It started as an experiment with leftover ham and biscuits, but with the addition of melty Colby Jack cheese and a dash of spice, the kitchen filled with laughter and the aroma of what they now call “Morgan’s Morning Delight.” It’s the recipe that accompanies their tales of the past week and dreams for the next — a true family treasure wrapped in a flaky biscuit.
- Pillsbury Grand Flaky Biscuits (1 can)
- Smoked ham (8 slices)
- Colby Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- Eggs (1 large)
- Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder (for seasoning)
- Optional: Butter (for brushing)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8 biscuits
- 1 can Pillsbury Grand Flaky Biscuits
- 8 slices of smoked ham
- 4 ounces Colby Jack cheese, sliced
- 1 large egg
- Your choice of spices (suggestion: a pinch of paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder)
- Optional: Melted butter for brushing
- Preheat and Prep: Start by preheating your air fryer to 375°F. This ensures a quick and even cooking process, turning your biscuits into the perfect golden brown delights.
- Assemble the Biscuits: Open the can of Pillsbury Grand Flaky Biscuits and gently pull apart each biscuit into two layers. This technique is key to creating the perfect pocket for your fillings.
- Stuff with Cheese and Ham: Place a slice of Colby Jack cheese and smoked ham on one layer of the biscuit, and then top it with the other layer. Press the edges to seal in the goodness. The smooth melt of Colby Jack pairs beautifully with the smokiness of the ham, crafting a flavor profile that is both rich and comforting.
- Egg Wash: Whisk one egg with your selected spices in a bowl. The spices you choose can range from classic herbs to something with a bit more kick, depending on your audience’s palate. Dip each stuffed biscuit into the egg mixture, ensuring both sides are coated. This step is crucial for achieving that delightful crispness and beautiful sheen.
- Air Fry to Perfection: Place the biscuits in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not touching. Air fry at 375°F for approximately 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Watch as they puff up and turn a delicious golden hue, a sign that you’re on the right path to a perfect biscuit.
- Final Gourmet Touch: If you’re feeling indulgent, brush each biscuit with melted butter as soon as they’re done. This optional step adds a layer of richness and a subtle, irresistible flavor.
- Serve and Enjoy: Serve these heavenly biscuits warm, right out of the air fryer. They are perfect on their own or with a side of your favorite breakfast items.
Keto Version Recipe
Replace the Pillsbury biscuits with a homemade almond flour-based dough, swap in keto-friendly cheese, and ensure the ham is sugar-free to fit a keto diet. Use an egg for binding and brushing, and add your chosen spices.
The Secrets Behind the Perfect Recipe
The key is in the quality of ingredients, the right temperature for the air fryer, and the perfect timing to achieve a golden-brown crust while keeping the insides gooey and delicious.
Pair these biscuits with a fresh salad, a creamy soup, or your favorite vegetable sides for a balanced meal. For brunch, they go wonderfully with a fruit salad or a yogurt parfait.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time? A: You can prepare the stuffed biscuits and keep them refrigerated overnight. Air fry them fresh when ready to serve.
Q: What can I use instead of ham? A: Try turkey, roast beef, or a vegetarian option like sliced zucchini or mushrooms.
Q: Is there a dairy-free option? A: Yes, you can substitute Colby Jack with your preferred dairy-free cheese.
This Colby Jack Cheese-Stuffed Biscuits recipe is not just a meal; it’s a statement. It tells a tale of how gourmet doesn’t have to be complex and how luxury can be achieved with simple ingredients.
📌 Love this Colby Jack Cheese-Stuffed Biscuits recipe? Pin it to your ‘Favorite Brunch Ideas’ board on Pinterest to find it easily next time!