This Instant Pot Beef Rigatoni is the easiest pressure cooker rigatoni recipe I’ve ever tried! In twenty minutes you can have delicious Instant Pot rigatoni with meat sauce on your table for your family… It’s a must-try!
I’m Italian… So hearty pasta dishes are basically in my blood.
And one of my very favorites? Beef rigatoni.
Oh man… This is the comfort food of all comfort foods, and it’s the first thing I go for after a stressful day.
But beef rigatoni can take a while to make, so I wanted to find a way to make one of my favorite comfort foods even faster.
Enter the magical Instant Pot!
This Instant Pot beef rigatoni recipe is absolutely delicious, and super simple.
It’s perfect for busy nights when you’re trying to get dinner on the table while helping the kids with homework and keeping the toddler from destroying the house.
Now, this isn’t just any Instant Pot rigatoni recipe…
It has a super simple and totally tasty beef sauce that will have even the pickiest of kids asking for seconds…
In fact… You can probably even get the kids to help with this one!
And it’s practically math homework, right? Fractions or something…
My favorite part about this Instant Pot beef rigatoni recipe is that you’ll have it ready in just twenty minutes.
Need a quick meal before taking one of the kids to a softball practice? This is it!
And it’s so hearty that they’ll have plenty of energy, and you won’t get the “but I’m starrrrrving” comments after practice!
(Well, you might… But they’ll have less merit!)
So the next time you need a quick and hearty meal for the family, you can’t do better than this Instant Pot beef rigatoni with meat sauce…
In just twenty minutes you can have pressure cooker rigatoni ready to dive in.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
20 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and black pepper, as desired
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 16 oz rigatoni
- Turn Instant Pot on to sauté and allow inner pot to heat up. Once the inner pot is hot, add in oil, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Sauté until the onions are caramelized.
- Once onions are a golden yellow add in basil, oregano, and the tomato paste. Stir over heat for 1-2 minutes, until the spices become fragrant.
- Once the spices are fragrant, add in the ground beef and cook until it is fully browned.
- Add in water and tomato sauce. Stir everything together making sure to give the bottom of the inner pot a couple good scrapes to make sure nothing is sticking.
- Cover with lid, lock, and make sure vent is set to sealed.
- Switch your Instant Pot to "Manual/High" and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once timer beeps, Quick Release Pressure.
- Give the sauce another good stir and scrape. Add in rigatoni.
- Cover, lock, seal and cook on "Manual/High" for 8 minutes.
- Once done, Quick Release pressure and enjoy!
If you’re not making this Instant Pot Beef Rigatoni for dinner tonight, make sure to pin this recipe so you can come back to it!