Inside: Turn up the heat with this Pressure Cooker Texas Chili Recipe! This hearty beef chili is bound to be a crowd pleaser with the cornbread waffles which adds a fun twist!
Ever had one of those days where you just need a meal that takes you back home?
Maybe that recipe is an apple pie that grandma used to make or a casserole that your mom used to bake when you were a child.
For me, that recipe is this Texas Chili. Every single bite is filled with bitter-sweet memories. Imagine my excitement when I figured out how to turn it into an Instant Pot recipe!
Two of my favorite things. It doesn’t get much better than this.
Electric Pressure Cooker Chili
When the hubs first gave me our Instant Pot, I was terrified to use it. I thought the damn thing would explode.
I mean we have all heard those horror stories about the person who used a pressure cooker, who let the pressure get too high, and then had spaghetti stains on their ceiling for eternity.
So, I called my grandma. I knew she knew her way around a pressure cooker and she could knock some sense into me.
And sure enough she did.
Turns out that those horror stories are just that, horror stories. Your Instant Pot has some safety mechanisms in place so it won’t explode.
I am sharing this with you because in that in that conversation my grandma shared with me how to turn our family chili into a delicious Instant Pot Beef Chili. It was a phone call filled with golden tid-bits of knowledge!
Pressure Cooker Texas Chili
Making this Instant Pot Beef Chili with Beans was ridiculously easy. I think the hardest part was figuring out which setting I needed to use. And y’all I seriously overthought that.
The Instant Pot chili setting was just straight up pressure cook. I told y’all, it’s simple!
In fact, it was so ridiculously simple that I broke out the waffle maker to make some cornbread waffles. If you have never tried cornbread waffles before then you have got to give this a try! They are so much fun and my kids absolutely love them!
Plus cornbread waffles are perfect for dipping!
Just sweet cornbread goodness.
Easy Instant Recipes
Yields 6 Bowls
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 lb stew beef
- 1 - 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 - 25 oz cans chili beans
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 white or yellow onion; chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic
- 1 box jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 stalks spring onions; chopped
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- Set instant pot/ pressure cooker to saute mode. Add the beef and onions. Saute until browned. Add in beef broth, mustard, and spices. Stir well and set the pressure cooker to 20 minutes on high pressure. Let pressure release naturally.
- Set to saute mode. Pour in tomato sauce and chili beans. Stir well. Cook for about 10 minutes stirring often.
- Warm up waffle maker.
- Mix cornbread and two eggs. Slowly add in milk until you get a batter that is not thick but not to thin. The consistency needs to be thick enough not to run but thin enough to cook.
- Add in onions and cheese. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until waffle is lightly brown on the outside.
Serve topped with diced red onion and sharp cheddar cheese.
Oh! and if you aren’t making this texas chili right this minute make sure to pin this post so you can find it easily once you are ready to start cookin’!