Inside: Make these protein packed Instant Pot Egg Stuffed Avocados in no time! This simple recipe makes for an easy morning grab and go breakfast!
I. love. avocados.
They are seriously my favorite food ever. They probably even deserve their own food group.
When I figured out how to make an egg stuffed avocado in my pressure cooker I was beyond thrilled.
Cooking an avocado with an egg baked inside is something I have tried to do in the oven so many times and failed. Y’all this method made it super easy!
Instant Pot Stuffed Avocado Egg
With how much I love my Instant Pot, I was surprised at how little I have broken this bad boy out for breakfast.
Before making this eggs baked in an avocado recipe the only other time I have even attempted to make breakfast with my Instant Pot was to try this Instant Pot Bacon Asparagus Strata recipe from my friend Corrine.
Which by the way is just as delicious as it looks!
After making her Bacon-Asparagus Strata a light bulb kinda went off on how I could make eggs in an avocado boat in the Instant Pot.
I could use a bowl or steamer within the inner pot to support them…and it worked!
I simply popped these egg stuffed avocados into my Instant Pot and went about my morning routine.
Easy peasy and delicious!
Items Recommended for Instant Pot Egg Stuffed Avocado
Alrighty y’all, let’s get cooking!
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 4 medium eggs
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. Cheddar Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. bacon crumbles
- chives or green onions (green parts only), sliced thin
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Use a spoon to carefully remove some of the avocado flesh around the pit to create more space for the egg. Reserve removed flesh for another use (or smash, season with salt and pepper to taste, and top each baked avocado half with a spoonful before serving).
- Place the avocado halves into the steaming basket.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot. Lower the steaming basket with the avocados into the pressure cooker.
- Crack one egg into a measuring cup with a pour spicket and then carefully transfer the egg into one of the prepared avocado halves.
- Repeat this process with the remaining avocado halves and eggs. Season each with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Top each avocado half with shredded Cheddar Jack cheese and crispy bacon pieces.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it in place. Make sure that the vent is sealed. Cook on "Manual/High" for 4 minutes.
- Once done cooking quick release the pressure before unlocking the lid.
- Remove the avocados from the pressure cooker and garnish with chives or sliced green onions, if desired.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!