Inside: A quick and easy Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli recipe that is so tender you will never want to order Chinese take-out again!
There are two things in my kitchen I am falling more and more in love with every single day.
If it isn’t obvious, those two things are:
My Instant Pot and homemade Chinese food.
So this week when I finally figured out how to make my favorite take-out meal, Mongolian beef and broccoli in my pressure cooker, I was just too stinking excited.
Usually Tuesday nights are take-out nights around here.
I would love to say that we participate in Taco Tuesday every single Tuesday, but truth be told, most Tuesdays are so hectic around here that they in all honesty are take-out Tuesdays.
After speech therapy and swimming lessons most Tuesdays we swing by the Panda. It’s so predictable that they even have our order memorized. One order of Pineapple Chicken, a couple orders of orange chicken, and one family sized beef and broccoli.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
But this week before we ran out the door I decided to give this recipe a try with a – hey honey don’t let the house burn down – as I ran out the door.
And OMG guys, this beef and broccoli pressure cooker recipe was so worth the minimal effort it took.
Goodbye Panda and HELLO homemade.
Items Reccommended for Instant Pot Mongolian Beef with Broccoli
I think we might just have a new Tuesday tradition <3
Easy Instant Recipes
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
4 based on 1 review(s)
- 1½ lbs. beef flank steak, cut into strips
- 1½ c. beef stock
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ c. gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 T. honey
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. arrowroot
- 1 14-oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- 3 c. brown rice, cooked
- 1 T. toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Add flank steak to Instant Pot.
- In a medium glass bowl, whisk beef stock, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Pour mixture on top of beef.
- Cover Instant Pot, lock lid, and seal vent.
- Cook on "Manual/High" for 10 minutes. Quick release once done cooking.
- Remove ¼ cup of liquid and stir in the arrowroot. You could also substitute the arrowroot for 2 T. of cornstarch. Use a fork or whisk to combine it together. Add the mixture back into the pressure cooker and stir. You will notice the liquid begin to thicken as it sits.
- Add the broccoli (frozen or fresh) to a microwave safe bowl with 1 cup of water. Microwave on high for for five minutes.
- Drain and stir broccoli into the beef mixture.
- Serve over white rice or brown rice and enjoy!
Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds before serving, if desired.