Inside: This quick, simple, and wholesome Instant Pot Banana Pear Baby food is filled with deliciousness your infant will love.
Want to make your own baby food, but are short on time or energy?
I get it Mama. I am right there with you.
This homemade banana pear baby puree is designed to save your time…and your wallet.
Plus, it’s pretty tasty, which says a lot considering that this is mush.
Instant Pot Banana Pear Baby Food Recipe
Earlier this month we started introducing solids to Little Miss’s diet…if you can call a baby puree a solid…
But once we got a hang on this whole “chew” and then swallow thing (and weren’t worried about putting her off from veggies) we went over to the fun sweets like this banana + pear baby puree.
Cooking this recipe in our Instant Pot was stupid simple.
I was able to make a batch big enough for a couple of weeks in under 30 minutes level of simple.
Once everything was done cooking I simply portioned it out into smaller containers and popped them in the freezer for later.
When it comes to freezing baby food, I personally love using little containers with lids because it prevents the food from getting freezer burned.
That said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with making this Instant Pot baby puree in a bulk batch and pouring it into an ice tray to freeze.
However you do make this Instant Pot banana pear baby food, it’s ridiculously easy.
Items Recommended for Instant Pot Banana Pear Baby Food
Let’s get cooking y’all!
Easy Instant Recipes
Yields 12 ounces
- 2 Pears
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup breastmilk, optional
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ginger, optional
- Core and chop the pears.
- Add water to the Instant Pot, place steamer basket into inner pot.
- Place pears into the steamer basket.
- Cover pot, lock lid, and seal vent. Cook on "Manual/High" for 5 minutes. Once done cooking quick release the pressure.
- Remove the pears from the Instant Pot and place them in a glass bowl with bananas and ginger (if desired).
- Blend until smooth using an immersion blender. If needed add in breast milk or reserved water if needed.
- Place in an air tight container and freeze extras immediately.
Simply double or triple this recipe to make baby food in bulk for freezing. When we make this we easily add 6-8 pears into our Instant Pot.
Ginger can get strong very quickly. Be careful not to go overboard with it when increasing volume cooked.